Welcome to The Local hostel! Located in beautiful downtown Watkins Glen, The Local is one block south of the world famous Watkins Glen State Park Gorge. The southern tip of Seneca Lake is less than ten minutes north on foot. Take a quick walk to the entrance to the Catherine Valley hiking trail. Start your Finger Lakes Wine Trail excursion from Watkins Glen, when you are done for the day you can walk to shops, restaurants and bars.
(Check out this BEAUTIFUL video made by one of our guests, Phuong Nguyen)
- Hand made bed frames with memory foam mattresses.
- One bunk room and four private rooms each named after a finger lake!
- Three bathrooms, two with showers.
- Two friendly dogs
- Handicap accessible building, including bathroom and 1 private room.
- Small lockers available
- Free towel rental
- Free wireless internet
- Air Conditioning in the rooms.
- Easy walk to many favorite local businesses.
- Bunk rooms accommodates 6 people.
- Luggage storage available before and after check out.
- Beautiful kitchen for guest use with a fridge and a stove.
- Kitchen stocked with cooking staples – oils, spices, vinegars, rice, beans or lentils.
- Free coffee and tea. Light breakfast items provided between 7am and 11am for you to prepare for yourself like: eggs, fruit, bread.
- Limited parking in our lot, free street parking is available just beside our building
We are proud to offer a new way to stay in the Finger Lakes for all travelers. We have designed The Local for your maximum comfort and fun, without breaking your travel budget during your stay in Watkins Glen. Relax knowing that we are local experts and we want to make your visit to Watkins Glen State Park and Upstate New York the best.
Book your next getaway through our Reservations tab above, and call us today! We are now accepting reservations through December 2019. Truly experience the Finger Lakes and Watkins Glen while you stay at The Local.