Check-in / Check-out:
Check-in: After 4pm until 8pm
Early/Late check-in: yes, just notify us before.
Early Check-In/Late Check-Out: 1 more day will be charged for late check-out, notify reception. Please note that if you make a same day reservation after our stated check in hours, it may take up to one hour, once we acknowledge your reservation, for us to check you in.
Payment can also be made by the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover.
We add on taxes of 8% sales tax and 4% county room occupancy.
When booking directly we may require a 1 night deposit be paid within 7 days after the reservation is made.
The guest can cancel free of charge, and receive a refund of their deposit, until 7 days before arrival. The guest will forfeit the deposit of the first night if they cancel in the 7 days before arrival. If the guest is a complete no show and does not notify us, the guest will be charged the remainder of the total price due. There are NO refunds once you have checked in if you choose to leave early.
Photo ID is required upon check-in, in the form of a valid passport or photographic driver’s license.
* We require that all last minute bookings be made over the phone or through a third party booking site like booking dot com. Guests cannot show up at the hostel and expect to be admitted.
* We typically do not allow children to stay at the hostel, but families may inquire and we will decide.
* Very often, we operate with self check-in. If that is the case, you will be sent self check-in instructions on your scheduled day of arrival via text message or WhatsApp.
*There is always a potential for traffic noise here as we are located on the main street in Watkins Glen, NY. We keep ear plugs at reception for sensitive sleepers, please ask for them when you check in.
*We take reservations from residents of Schuyler County on a case by case basis. We reserve the right to deny lodging to anyone. This policy also applies to potential guests with a 607 area code phone number.
* No curfew.
* We offer a variety of light breakfast items for you to prepare on your own. Based on availability, these items are not guaranteed or a part of the price you pay.
* Wi-fi available free of charge in the main building.
* It’s possible to store the luggage during the day, access Wi-Fi, and use showers after check-out for free. (there is no secure luggage storage area)
* It’s possible to store the luggage during the day and access Wi-Fi before check-in for free. (there is no secure luggage storage area)
* Common Rooms open from 8am – 10pm
* Hostel kitchen is open 8am – 10pm
* It is forbidden to smoke inside the hostel.
* We only accept reservations for 6 days at a time. Guests are required to check out and leave the property on the 7th day for one full night.
*The Local hostel and its staff are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged belongings.
*We require ALL guests to provide a valid credit card during the reservation process or a $100 cash deposit at check in. The deposit is refunded at check-out if there is not damage by the guest to the facility.
*We do not rent to anyone under the age of 18.
*We do not allow guests under the age of 18
Group bookings are not guaranteed to be in the same room and are subject to availability. Please contact the Hostel prior to your arrival to check if there is availability.
For groups the total price of the reservation may be charged at the time of booking and is non-refundable if cancelled or modified.
Unfortunately, we do not accept booking made by those under the age of 18.
PLEASE NOTE: Pets are not allowed in the hostel, Beatrice (doberman mix) and Emme (mixed breed) will welcome you and make you feel safe at home. They do not generally reside at the hostel, but are always with us where ever we go, which means you will meet them at check-in and see them through out the day. They typically do not go into the bedrooms unless you invite them in. If you are uncomfortable with dogs, please consider staying somewhere else.