Check-in / Check-out:
Check-in: After 4pm until 8pm
Early/Late check-in: yes, just notify us before.
Early Check-In/Late Check-Out: 1 more day will be charged for late check-out, notify reception. Please note that if you make a same day reservation after our stated check in hours, it may take up to one hour, once we acknowledge your reservation, for us to check you in.
*Please consider paying in cash or transferring money via Venmo App at arrival. We want to avoid paying credit card processing fees and cash/Venmo are the best ways to do it.
Photo ID is required upon check-in, in the form of a valid passport or photographic driver’s license.
* We require that all last minute bookings go through our online reservation system found on our website.
*There is always a potential for traffic noise here as we are located on the main street in Watkins Glen, NY. We keep ear plugs at reception for sensitive sleepers, please ask for them when you check in.
*We take reservations from residents of Schuyler County on a case by case basis. We reserve the right to deny lodging to anyone. This policy also applies to potential guests with a 607 area code phone number.
* No curfew.
* We offer a variety of light breakfast items for you to prepare on your own.
* Wi-fi available free of charge in the main building.
* Its possible to store the luggage during the day, access Wi-Fi, and use showers after check-out for free.
* Its possible to store the luggage during the day and access Wi-Fi before check-in for free.
*Guests who rent the private cottage have to access wi-fi and showers via the main hostel building. The Cottage is not equipped with these amenities until May 15, 2018.
* Common Rooms open from 8am – 11pm
* Hostel kitchen is open 6am – 11pm
* It is forbidden to smoke inside the hostel.
* We only accept reservations for 6 days at a time. If you need a 7th day, you will have to make a separate reservation, an check-out on the 6th day then proceed to check in for your next reservation.
*The Local hostel and its staff are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged belongings.
*We require ALL guests to provide a valid credit card during the reservation process or a $100 cash deposit at check in. The deposit is refunded at check-out if there is not damage by the guest to the facility.
Group bookings are not guaranteed to be in the same room and are subject to availability. Please contact the Hostel prior to your arrival to check if there is availability.
For groups the total price of the reservation will be charged at the time of booking and is non-refundable if cancelled or modified.
At arrival payment can be made by the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Visa Electron, JCB, Aura, Diners, Debit Cards.
We add on taxes of 8% sales tax and 4% county room occupancy.
* If you cancel or modify your reservation after 2pm 2 days before arrival, the hostel will charge 100% of the first night* In case of No-Show you will be charged 100% of the first night
Unfortunately, we do not accept booking made by those under the age of 16. If you are between 16 – 18 years you will need to book a private room and be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 years. If you are over the age of 18 want to book children into a shared room, you must book the entire room.
PLEASE NOTE: Pets are not allowed in the hostel, Beatrice (doberman) and Emme (mixed breed) will welcome you and make you feel safe at home. They do not generally reside at the hostel, but are always with us where ever we go, which means you will meet them at check-in and see them through out the day. They typically do not go into the bedrooms unless you invite them in. If you are uncomfortable with dogs, please consider staying somewhere else.