We are so excited to announce that The Local Hostel has received the 2016 Guest Review Award from Booking.com.
This means that in 2016 we received exceptionally high guest review scores, as a result of our cleanliness, high quality customer service, available facilities, comfort, superb location, and value for money. We are so grateful to share out hostel with visitors coming to the Finger Lakes, and look forward to continuing to do so, while improving The Local experience.
We receive booking.com reviews from guests who book their reservations through booking.com. If you would like to stay with us, you can book through our website and leave reviews on our Google Business page or Facebook. We are also featured on Hostel World.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us in our first your of business, we could not be successful with out you!
Emily & Ian
Welcome to The Local hostel! We are proud to offer a new way to stay in the Finger Lakes for all travelers. We have designed The Local for your maximum comfort and fun, without breaking your travel budget. Relax knowing that we are local experts and we want to make your visit to Upstate New York the best.
Located in beautiful downtown Watkins Glen, The Local is one block south of the world famous Watkins Glen State Park Gorge. The southern tip of Seneca Lake is less than ten minutes north on foot. Take a quick walk to the entrance to the Catherine Valley hiking trail. Start your Finger Lakes Wine Trail excursion from Watkins Glen, when you are done for the day you can walk to shops, restaurants and bars.
- Hand made bed frames with memory foam mattresses.
- Two bunk rooms and two private rooms each named after a finger lake!
- Three bathrooms, two with showers.
- Two friendly dogs
- Handicap accessible building, including bathroom and bunk room.
- Small lockers available
- Free towel rental
- Free wireless internet
- Air Conditioning in the rooms.
- Easy walk to many favorite local businesses.
- Bunk rooms range from 2-6 people
- Luggage storage available before and after check out.
- Beautiful kitchen for guest use with a fridge and a stove.
- Kitchen stocked with cooking staples – oils, spices, vinegars, rice, beans or lentils.
- Free coffee and tea. Light breakfast items provided between 7am and 11am for you to prepare for yourself like: eggs, fruit, bread.
- Limited parking in our lot, free street parking is available just beside our building
- 24-hour locked facility
Book your next getaway through our website by clicking here, Hostel World or call us today! We are now accepting reservations through December 2018. Truly experience the Finger Lakes and Watkins Glen while you stay at The Local.
be silently drawn
by the strange pull
of what you really love.
It will not lead you astray.